What is strength training?
Strength training is building muscle by means of progressive strength training with weights and using own body mass. As we age we lose muscle tone, mainly due to lack of exercise. Rest assured: strength training is not about looking like a bodybuilder. It is about muscle toning for better and proper functioning of the body.
What are the benefits of strength training?
- Heart Fitness – improve cardio vascular system
- Increased metabolic rate — Strength training increases the body’s metabolic rate.
- Protecting bone density — Inactivity and aging can lead to a decrease in bone density and brittleness.
- Control of Type II Diabetes
- Increase lean muscle mass and muscle strength
- Injury prevention — A wide variety of sports-related or life-related injuries can be prevented by strengthening muscles and joints.
- Improves balance for mobility and stability
- Decreases risk of coronary disease
- Aids rehabilitation and recovery
- Enhances performance in sports or exercise
- Speeds recovery after injury
- Ageing gracefully — Physical activity keeps us alive and vibrant.
- Feeling and looking better
- Counter acts depression and self-esteem issues
Who benefits from strength training?
- Anyone & Everyone
- Balance issues
- Type II diabetes & border line
- Weight issues
- Blood pressure issues
- High cholesterol
- Low self-esteem
- Slowing down the aging process
Email us or phone Ingrid 0409 882 935 for more information on individual or group strength training sessions.